James Tedesco

TEDESCO BACKFLIPS ON RAIDERS DEAL

WESTS Tigers fullback James Tedesco has backflipped on his deal with the Canberra Raiders.

Tedesco approached the Tigers on Wednesday advising CEO Grant Mayer that his preference is to stay at the club beyond this season.

The 21-year-old signed a rich, three-year deal with the Raiders just last week.

“There is no doubt that this has been a difficult period for James and his family but we are clearly thrilled that he has decided to stay with the club,” Mayer said in a statement.

“This is a brave decision by James that will undoubtedly show many that his belief in his mates and belief in the club far outweighs all other influences.

“All at the club are delighted with his decision and we will work towards concluding the terms that were last available to him from the Wests Tigers.”

Tedesco apologised to the Raiders for reneging on the deal.

“I firstly need to apologise to the Canberra Raiders for my change of heart,” he said.

“They have been great throughout the whole process. That said, I never felt totally comfortable with my decision and after thinking it through I realised it would be too hard to leave my best mates.

“I understand that the Raiders and their fans will be disappointed and I apologise to all of them for making this decision and I only hope they will understand.”

The news throws the Raiders’ recruitment plans into chaos after missing out on Storm forward Kevin Proctor and Panthers winger Josh Mansour.

Comments

comments